Cubed 3 Problems

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 13.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Apart from many older Character Profiles being erased completely (I've made a list in the Broken Reviews/Previews thread), the list itself is a bit messed up. Looks like it's supposed to be listed in date format, but some more recently made character profiles are shoved on page 2. A couple of odd out of place articles there too. Just needs a little look at and rearranging.

Fixed - partially, older/broken profiles we'll need to try and dig up or remove, unfortunately. Was aiming to move towards a picture/thumbnail format for the profile.

Making a list

Ya if you could that would be great Smilie

( Edited 09.10.2011 09:32 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Full list of things that haven't been fixed. There's some errors concerning screens but I think I can fix those myself so didn't bother mentioning. Will add problems to the list as they come in.

Full List of C3 Site Problems

1. Forum page numbers/Next+Back links messed up
Originally, I thought this was exclusive to the Mod Shack forum, but noticed it's on others too (haven't checked all, but looks like it is). Clicking the numbers or 'Next' links at the bottom of the page forum skips you ahead to different pages. Clicking 'Next' once puts you on page 10, for example.
Clicking page 2 puts you on 10 as well. Clicking Next when you're on the final page takes you to a topicless page with a strange URL (lots of numbers in it). Next button should perhaps be removed when you're on the last page, or unclickable, like a page number when you're on its page.
Messing about with the links will probably give you a better idea of how it is atm.

2. Rate Games Multiple Times
Users can re-rate games any number of times, simply by refreshing the page. Maybe allow only members to rate games and the number they have currently selected to affect the average score, rather than rating multiple times bumping up/down the average.

3. Weekly Stars Top User
In each weekly stars topic, the link to the current top user doesn't work, instead linking to: http://www.cubed3.com/users/$top_user

4. No Stars FAQ
Again in the weekly stars thread, there is a broken link to the Star FAQ: http://www.cubed3.com/topic/13359/ Looks like a new one needs making or linking to.

5. Stars Top 10
Top 10 overall ranking in the weekly stars thread is inaccurate. Users with over 1000 stars aren't in the list if you compare it with the top stars members in the Members page.

6. Broken Reviews and Character Profiles
Dedicated thread for this here, but just highlighting it as a problem all the same.

7. No GB Color in user game collections
Going to guess GBC games don't appear in wishlists too.

8. Virtual Boy/other consoles in game database?
Something we'd discussed and think you said you'd add at some point. Would be nice to add VB games to the site ;] Also, maybe instead of Other for most other systems, why not have a Game & Watch, Arcade and Mega Drive (for Wii VC) etc to further clarify what systems other games are on.

9. User profile info not appearing
When editing your profile there's bits for your fave games/movies/music/books, as well as your personal website info. None of these appear when viewing the user's profile page.

10. 3DS code messed up in profile
Not sure if this is just me, but when on my profile page, on the right side my 3DS wifi code is a bit messed up, looking like this: 4253--367-4-12-82

11. Can't preview poll options
When making a poll thread, you have a preview button for the post text, which works, and a preview button for the poll options, which doesn't work.

12. User Level 3
It says Gooba instead of Goomba.

Azzy <3

Azuardo was here

( Edited 24.08.2014 03:14 by Azuardo )

1. Forum page numbers/Next+Back links messed up
Fixed - thought I'd done so before, didn't realise how bad it was! C3 new uses a different/neater pagination so should be better Smilie

2. Rate Games Multiple Times
To be fixed/adapted with new C3

3. Weekly Stars Top User
Fixed - should work from new reports onwards

4. No Stars FAQ
Temporarily removed link from future reports - will write a new FAQ (or if someone wanted to do one Smilie)

5. Stars Top 10
Looks okay for me?

7. No GB Color in user game collections
Fixed Smilie

8. Virtual Boy/other consoles in game database?
Something we can do yep Smilie

12. User Level 3
...Haven't you heard of a "Gooba"? Smilie

Other bits to be addressed (prob in new C3).

Re: Top Stars -
If you compare to the Members page, users SuperMario and Linkyshinks have more stars than Echoes, but they're not in the league table at all.

I only know rude meanings for the word gooba and I don't think you intended those meanings for C3 ;]

Good job on the updating!

Any ideas with what's going on here? Posts are sort of merging with each other, buggering up the page.

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/38992/18#437

Tried looking in each post by editing, but can't see what's affecting it.

Probably something to do with someone's signature. I have them off and the page loads fine without them.

Actually, I was thinking it could be to do with sigs, but the person I thought it was coming from has no sig...

Edit: Tested myself. Definitely to do with sigs.

( Edited 08.11.2011 21:19 by Azuardo )

Fixed like Miyamoto's brain - yes it was sigs lol

( Edited 08.11.2011 21:39 by jb )

Our member of the week

My personal toolbar tell me I have one unread PM but the PM was from a member who got banned before I could mark the PM as already read. Any solution so I don't get the flashing red thing anymore ?

Also, in the future, would be good that, if a member gets banned for good, then any PM he sent which remained unread are also deleted, to avoid this problem to repeat itself and that you don't have to manually sort things out Jb.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Kafei2006 said:
My personal toolbar tell me I have one unread PM but the PM was from a member who got banned before I could mark the PM as already read. Any solution so I don't get the flashing red thing anymore ?

Got the same problem, Kafei was a bit faster reporting it though. Smilie

Our member of the week

Must be from the same guy trying to scam people with fake deals to win loads of cash. You may have gotten the content of the message in your email box, but since you can't read it on C3, it still says you have one unread message but you can't read it on here anymore.

This was indirectly my fault, since I got the PM and once I saw he was a fake/spammer, banned him. Didn't know it would have this effect on you guys.

Only solution I can think of temporarily would be to unban him and then you guys open your PMs, and I can ban him again. Would that work?

Course, I don't know how many other people this has affected who haven't come online yet. There must be another solution.

Edit: User was permabanned so don't think it's reversible. Would have to speak to jb to sort it.

( Edited 25.11.2011 21:08 by Azuardo )

Did you guys get that sorted?

Different problem: I can't seem to create any new threads in the Wifi forum. Is that normal?

There are forum threads there, so I would have expected to be able to make threads.

http://www.cubed3.com/wifi/index.php

EDIT: The flashing PM counter is gone now.

I'd like to ask one thing about the Games Collection and Wishlist here on C3. Is there a way that once you add a game to your collection, it automatically gets removed from your wishlist? Would be much more convenient than removing them manually. I also noticed that I apparently owned Skyward Sword three times, though I'm sure I only clicked on "Add to collection" once.

( Edited 26.11.2011 11:47 by SirLink )

I've noticed something. I guess I'm just curious as to why it happens. I'm back at home for spring break, and am using my desktop. I know for sure I saved the password to c3 so that I'm already logged in. But I had to log in. So I did. But then when I went to my laptop, I had to log in. It looks like you can only be logged into an account from one location at a time. Like for my other accounts, I don't have to log in and out constantly. Just an observation.

Our member of the week

It's not an issue. The older session cookie on your desktop expired the moment you logged in from your laptop, and then once you logged in again on your desktop, the one on your laptop expired as well.

Many websites do this, they keep track of the latest session cookie issued to each user, and if the one you have on the machine you're currently using doesn't match the one in the DB, then you're automatically logged out and have to request a new session cookie.

In short, you can only remain logged in on one machine at a time, as you rightly said Smilie. It's normal.

( Edited 06.03.2012 10:20 by Kafei2006 )

New C3 bugs:
So far I have encountered the following; when refreshing the Site Feed box, it shows old updates, instead of showing the most recent updates. For example, I post this topic and it'll be at the top of the site feed. I then refresh the site feed and it will then show a comment from a few updates ago, instead of the most recent update.I'm not sure if the stars system has been disabled or whatever for now, but I am unable to give stars out.

Sorry for making a new topic, Az. Had no idea you already linked this one to your post.

Re: Stars - should be a 'Star' button at the bottom of each post, next to the 'Report' button.

Azuardo said:
Re: Stars - should be a 'Star' button at the bottom of each post, next to the 'Report' button.

Thanks for that! Though for some reason, the "Star" button only appears on my posts. Strange stuff.

Hmm, is anyone else having the same issues as Mush here? Don't suppose you could a couple of screen prints of your problems, could you?

Okay, I can see the site feed problem now. Happens on certain pages I go on. Will fill jb in.

( Edited 30.09.2012 16:38 by Azuardo )

That should be fine now guys - thanks for spotting Mush!

jb said:
That should be fine now guys - thanks for spotting Mush!

It is fine now Jb, thanks. Smilie

@Az - I took some screenshots of what I meant by the Site Feed not refreshing properly.

This is what it look like before I refresh it.

Image for

and this is what it looks like after I press the refresh button.

Image for

As you can see, in the after screenshot, it shows updates from earlier on. Every time I refresh the Site Feed box, Canyarion's comment is always at the top. With previous updates there too.

However, when I refresh the page it shows the most recent update at the top.

EDIT:I have also noticed that when you click on one of the recent updates, it no longer takes you to the page the post was on/scrolls you down to that post. It's not a major issue, but I thought I would just mention it.

( Edited 30.09.2012 16:52 by Mush123 )

Hmmmmm, this has happened twice so far. After clicking around the website for a little while, some things get out of place (opening up a fresh new tab fixes it (using chrome btw)). Like for example, the top horizontal bars' words go missing and all you see are a bunch of blank boxes up above.

Edit: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how do you create a new thread? Am I missing a button or something?

2nd Edit: Yeah, the Notice and Suggestions forum has a new topic button, but the others don't have it.

3rd Edit: Nevermind, FIXED!

( Edited 30.09.2012 19:50 by bornforthis43 )

I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I received a Cubed3 newsletter for 2 replies in the "Welcome to the New Look Cubed3" news post this morning. However, I've read those replies several hours before I went to sleep and my notifications were empty when I went offline. Wouldn't it make more sense for the newsletter to be sent if they're still unread and piling up in your notifications?

SirLink said:
I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I received a Cubed3 newsletter for 2 replies in the "Welcome to the New Look Cubed3" news post this morning. However, I've read those replies several hours before I went to sleep and my notifications were empty when I went offline. Wouldn't it make more sense for the newsletter to be sent if they're still unread and piling up in your notifications?

Not 100% sure this is the reason, but if you click the Notifications button at the top, does it drop down with any topics that are highlighted in yellow/orange? If there is some, that could be the reason you still got the email, even if you have read them through clicking the topic from elsewhere on the site.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.