Cubed 3 Problems

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 12.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

This is because Marzy is the Internet...

Image for
Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

dab0ss213 has the best sig ever

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Is there still any chance of some Cubed 3 t-shirts ever becoming available? Smilie

Preferably in black (I'm not keen on many other colours).

Something like this would do, I think.

Image for

( Edited 24.11.2010 12:49 by Marzy )

Raff said:
dab0ss213 has the best sig ever

Im changing it like now

Our member of the week

Just thought I'd bring up a problem I've just noticed about the website.

When you visit a member's profile and you check its 5 latest additions to wishlist and owned games, and you click on one of those titles, it throws a 404 error.

seems those links are all set to direct to the "http://www.cubed3.com/games/" URL.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Marzy said:
Is there still any chance of some Cubed 3 t-shirts ever becoming available? Smilie

Preferably in black (I'm not keen on many other colours).Something like this would do, I think.

That would be awesome, I've been looking for a few places to print but many are pretty pricy (�£15-20 for a t-shirt?!) Any ideas would be most welcome Smilie

When you visit a member's profile and you check its 5 latest additions to wishlist and owned games, and you click on one of those titles, it throws a 404 error.

Cheers Kafei - didn't realise it wasn't working Smilie, should be okay now though!

Lrrr (guest) 29.12.2010#32

I'm having troubles.

I have to refresh a few times to get the page to show, and have login issues

The former problem has been plaguing me as well. Thankfully the latter hasn't. I believe Jorge is already investigating - thanks for bringing up the point, though, as others may be suffering from these issues as well Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses
Our member of the week

jb said:
Cheers Kafei - didn't realise it wasn't working Smilie, should be okay now though!

Yup, it's working fine now !

Contacted our host and fixed an IP issue we were having, should hopefully run more smoothly and consistent now Smilie

Just now I got a message that said something to the effect of "This address is shared by many domains". I reloaded and it was fine. Weird.

Lol at the t-shirts. I understand your enthusiasm, but few would be willing to walk around wearing an advert for a Nintendo fan site. If Jeebs wanted to make a couple bucks on t-shirts, he'd be much better off just doing cool designs that had nothing to do with this site or gaming.

( Edited 30.12.2010 08:08 by Martin_ )

I just noticed Jb's name is crossed out. Why is he banned?

Hackers again? Smilie

Marzy said:
I just noticed Jb's name is crossed out. Why is he banned?

Hackers again? Smilie

We were having some issues with some of the mod tools, so Jb was fixing them up and then doing some testing. On himself I suppose. Smilie

Haha, that's golden. Self-pwn!

Our member of the week

I just spotted something which doesn't seem right to me, or at least it seems inconsistent.

When you visit a member's profile WHILE being offline, its list of owned games, The 5 latest additions to the owned games and wishlist appear empty. That's in the tab "Profile" (in the menu "View my :" above. It's the default tab on the profile page). The "Recent Activity" list on the right column also appears empty.

I thought at first that maybe that's normal and it's supposed to protect people's privacy an restrict access to those infos to logged in people, but then it shouldn't read for example, on my own profile :

"Kafei2006 has no games" or "Kafei2006 wants no games", which certainly isn't true Smilie.

But then, once you click the "Games" tab, the full list shows normally. Or if you click any tab except the "Profile" one, the "recent activity" shows as well. Oh pardon me, nope, the "Recent Activity" doesn't show either when on the "Reviews" tab.

Sounds like something's wrong there, right ?

Also, whether you're online or offline, the "feed" tab on a member's profile never works. Actually once you click on it, you lose the username parameter and can't click on any other of the tabs after that, since no user is referenced anymore, so you get 404 errors.

EDIT : Actually you don't lose the username parameter but rather you're sent to user number 12628, who doesn't seem to have any username attached to it, but has a "recent activity"; Mmmmh who's that guy ??? He managed to join C3 in 1970 too o_O ???

( Edited 11.02.2011 10:51 by Kafei2006 )

The Todays Birthdays are all from 16th January

The stars system hasn't been working for the past 3 weeks.

Also, my PM inbox is flashing red, even though there's no new message in the inbox. I checked my email though and it showed a spam message had been sent. I presume they were banned and the message got deleted with them, but the PM text is still flashing red.

( Edited 11.02.2011 11:23 by Marzy )

Is it possible to implement a CAPTCHA on account creation to stop random spam bots? And maybe on guest posting as well.

Lrrr said:
Is it possible to implement a CAPTCHA on account creation to stop random spam bots? And maybe on guest posting as well.

The problem is they aren't bots...they're actual people. Jb has implemented a lot of little tricks to stop them, (including CAPTCHA), but ultimately real people will find ways around. Hence, we're stuck with cleaning up the mess afterward.

The nice thing now though is that we can remove an account and all its posts with one click. Just a few months ago we had to remove each post one at a time, so clean up time now is instantaneous -- assuming we see the spam. (that's why its still important that people use mod alerts!)

Lrrr said:

Yep - there is a CAPTCHA in place as Jacob says, and we've tried a few things to try and reduce the spammers. Unfortunately they seem to be a bunch of people who are probably paid to go around dropping links on sites.

Will try a few more things to try and reduce it!

Marzy said:
The stars system hasn't been working for the past 3 weeks.

Also, my PM inbox is flashing red, even though there's no new message in the inbox. I checked my email though and it showed a spam message had been sent. I presume they were banned and the message got deleted with them, but the PM text is still flashing red.

Fixed the stars system - it should run fine from Sunday now (hopefully)! As for the PM issue, not sure - had a look and you have a few PMs unread?

Lrrr said:
The Todays Birthdays are all from 16th January

Fixed, thanks - should run daily properly now.

Also - Fixed the issues Kafei200 was mentioning, including the broken user activity feed and it not showing games/wants on the profile page.

Cheers guys - please do let us know if you're noticing any other errors!

The PM flash has been plaguing both me and superlink for the past year or so. Its been like that for ages, All PM's read as well.

I've also noticed the Members online list hasn't been refreshing, it seems to show a lot of members online at once, which I don't think is correct.

( Edited 12.02.2011 02:41 by Echoes221 )

Marzy said:

Preferably in black (I'm not keen on many other colours).

Something like this would do, I think.

Image for

awesome, and on the back have it be the true gamer's social site. Because this site might have Nintendo in it's name, but anyone is welcome to talk on it, and there is close to zero flamming or "fanwars".

When all is bad don't look for a easy way out. Because you wont know what to do once your out
Our member of the week

The avatar on the profile page doesn't show when you select the "Posts" and "Feed" tabs Smilie. Not a major issue but still an issue nonetheless.

Also sometimes, in the site feed and user feeds (Posts and feed section on the profile), there's just a mention "Username replied to :" with no forum topic title shown. This has been happening for a while and it seems to be completely random.

Like right now, I can't see the title for the replies to the power rangers news in the feeds, but I could see it just fine two days ago. I don't know if I made sense, it's hard to explain.

Here, a print screen :

Image for

The two links on top are those for the power rangers news, and the one below for the news about the 3DS UK launch line-up. But those showed just fine before, and back then, other titles wouldn't show properly either but they show up just fine now.

So this happens in the profile feeds, and also in the site feed which appears in the left column on every page (check every once in a while, you'll see that it happens there too)

( Edited 12.02.2011 12:22 by Kafei2006 )

Hi JB, I don't have any problems. You rock. Smilie

I tried deleting my entire inbox and it's stopped flashing now.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.