Will there be a Revo AND a Cube section of the forum?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I'm was just wondering, when the Revolution comes out, it will obviously need a section in the C3 forum. Now will this section merge with the Cube section to create 'Nintendo home consoles' or will there be another new section for the Revolution, while keeping the Cube section (or hasn't it been decided yet)?

Cheers!

Well if the revo is backwards compatible I imagine it'll be made into one big section.

I suppose that all depends on how Nintendo treat the Gamecube after the launch of the Revolution. If they carry on producing games for it, then most probably, but if they flat out drop it then I hardly see the point in having an entire section for it when only a few topics of actual intrest will ever be made again.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Do we have a N64 specific section?

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

I would imagine gamecube will go away to retro.. no-one's really going to care anymore, with the revo's backwards compatibility etc.

Do we have a N64 specific section?

Good point. But then again, I thought that this website was created too late for the N64 and that Nintendo wanted to try to draw out the Cube's long and painful death (okay, I don't think they quite used those words) well into the Revolutions life, though I'm not sure if this is really gonna happen in all honesty, but hey, you never know, do ya!

What games are going to be made for the GC after this year? I guess at E3 we'll find out.

There's the possibility of a few EA or even Activision games, based on what the PS1 got after its life had really finished, but with such a small user-base I'm really not expecting much. Maybe Nintendo will surpirse us with just one game? (please be a Jungle Beat sequel :-p)

I bet a load of special edition (and cheap) N64 ports will be released later on. Kind of like the retro GBA games.

I don't think Advance Wars, Golden Sun or Fire Emblem are on any of the comming soon lists yet.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Could do, we shall see. I still question why we have no devouted DS section, it is the third pillar and all.

I bet a load of special edition (and cheap) N64 ports will be released later on. Kind of like the retro GBA games.

That would be pretty cool if it did happen give me a chance to play a lot of N64 games i had missed out on

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Because we all know its more of a support beam than a third pillar.

I don't. Smilie

I'm naive and I love it! Smilie

[ Edited by Sharpshot on 2005/4/6 19:29 ]

Hey, at the moment it's a stronger support beam then the Cube, don't diss!

It's the fastest selling Nintendo system, how's it a "support beam"?

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Well many people think its only job is to 'keep back PSP sales until the GBevo is out'.

We shall see how it plays out.

It's the fastest selling Nintendo system, how's it a "support beam"?

Maybe because it's not in the main line of consoles, ie home or Gameboy.

That just doesn't make sense Chris.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

It's not a Gameboy, and it's not a main home console. It's kind of like those Pikachu tamagotchi things, it's a side project. I dont see it that way but some might.

That is a little crazy...then what the hells the PSP? A door step? A finely crafted paper weight? People should give the DS props where props are due, DS is selling well and it is making money. Can't argue with the money.

[ Edited by Sharpshot on 2005/4/6 19:40 ]

Exactly Sharp.

It's been claimed by every professional as and the forthcoming games list is damn impressive, heck even look at the love SE'x have thrown toward the DS!

No doubt about it, the DS is a third pillar .... well if there is any doubt at worst it's the new second pillar as some claim :/

SE'x???

Square Enix...the sex games will come. Build it and they will come.

All depends on where you get your info nin10do, its the fastest selling UK console but it wasn't able to beat the original GBA in Japan

The GBA beat it by about 20,000 units in their first four days of retail.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.