RUMOUR: Metroid Prime: Hunters - Fully Online

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

[i]Spong reports on the confirmation by both Nintendo and a 'senior retail source' the Nintendo's upcoming Metroid Prime Hunters Nintendo DS game.

According to the source, the game will be a fully-featured online realt-time FPS, something that has never been seen on Nintendo consoles before.

The senior retail source had this to say:

Spong

Please don't tell me you seriously believe what you read on there...

Spong... this means that I am conflicted... on the one hand, it is reasonable possible news, on the other, it's Spong...

It sounds perfectly reasonable; and I'd like it to be true, but they tripped up when they said Halo 2. Why would Nintendo compare Metroid to Halo? Why would they spefically say Halo 2, and not something riddling, like 'other games of this genre'?

Eejits.

False as my 6 pack chest.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

Spong ain't that reliable, but i would hope that Metroid does go online especially like it said along the lines of Halo 2, with tournaments, deathmatches, clans etc. It would be great if it could be done with 16 player deathmatches or maybe even more players!

Mario Kart is supposed to have 8 to 16 as maximum, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

beamrider2600 wrote:

Hence I marked it down as a rumour, as you'll see from the topic title and my words after the news post. I don't trust Spong, but other places do; I'm merely reporting what I've read on other sites, because it could well be true. You never know.

[ Edited by Mason on 2005/4/6 10:46 ]

'real time fps'? As opposed to turn based?? Id have thought by the time the game is out there'll be tunneling software available to play any wireless games online. I only found out recently that you can do that with the psp already using xbconnect. Ds cant be very far behind....

There's stuff coming out, if they've managed to crack it like they claim they have. I posted a topic on it recently, 'DS Online via Tunnelling?'.

Oh yeah, I thought id read about it somewhere! :p

You said that on NHQ aswell....do you just have that ctrl+c'd and ready for articles from spong Smilie

There's stuff coming out, if they've managed to crack it like they claim they have. I posted a topic on it recently, 'DS Online via Tunnelling?'.

That is extremely interesting, the beta release is on the 11th and all you need is a wireless router.

I don't trust spong but there is a good chance that hunter will be online. Hope so

I don't trust spong

Does anyone?

Nintendo would never compare Metroid to Halo, It sound like a lie to me. But it could be online in a small way... I do remember some source saying the Full game wouldn't have multiplayer anyway!

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

This is a classic example of Spong taking something that is blatantly obvious to man and beast, creating a few imaginary inside sources, posting a "news story" and when the innevitable happens then can jump around boasting - idiots.

Of course MPH will be online, and indeed it'll make quite a killer app for the system Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Ok, it's time to make a Spong/Spam picture.

Even if this rumour is true or not, Spong suck.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

It would be awesome if it were online. But spong said it, so there is no saying whether it is true or not.

Well, at least you didnt get my hopes up then dash them. Firstly you said rumor, and then secondly Spong appeared as the first word, thereby negating anything that follows as a lie.

Of course MPH will be online, and indeed it'll make quite a killer app for the system

Sorry to sound so depressing, but I have no hope for Nintendo making the DS or any of its games succeed as "online" titles.

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!!

You're forgetting how undeniably brilliant that could be!! The GC version, with better Graphics & ONLINE!!

-swoon-

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Sorry to sound so depressing, but I have no hope for Nintendo making the DS or any of its games succeed as "online" titles.

Sorry to sound like a prick Rory mate but could you elaborate as that's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

MPH will be online, along with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing. Reggie spelt this out for us interviews after GDC. AC online has loads of potential, an MMORPG which you don't have to pay for every month.

Why don't you think they'll get online right? They've waited long enough - I think they've just been perfecting their plans all this time.

AC online has loads of potential, an MMORPG which you don't have to pay for every month.

That's a great way of putting AC, because it is an RPG, just not in teh conventional mould.

Edit: Double post.

[ Edited by HazukiSan on 2005/4/6 22:06 ]

you posted the same message twise there. ^

[ Edited by ploiper on 2005/4/6 21:58 ]

My Name Is Kizarny
hizave yizou sizeen thize hizuman bizlockhead

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.