Cubed 3 Problems

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 13.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Sorry for the double post, but there's no option to edit posts on the mobile version. And whenever I make a comment on the mobile site, a message comes up saying the article doesn't exist or something, which doesn't make sense, though the comment does appear like it should.

bornforthis43 said:
Sorry for the double post, but there's no option to edit posts on the mobile version. And whenever I make a comment on the mobile site, a message comes up saying the article doesn't exist or something, which doesn't make sense, though the comment does appear like it should.

Do you know on what you're making a comment on that causes the error - is it news article, review, post etc?

Editing posts I'll add in a future revision of the mobile site. No plans for it at the moment though.

SirLink just posted a reader review, and it messed up the list of recently posted topics on the Forum tab. There's a blank space with 1 post in it. If you click the number 1, it takes you to his review, but it's clearly messed up.

Fixed this - should be fine now, thanks for spotting!

The drop-down menu inside the forums might need a bit of a change too

Fixed - bit worrying how it wasn't dynamic before - is sorted now, should change accordingly if we add new forums down the line.

That's fair enough. In which case, shouldn't Pokedex 3D be an eShop game, if you're doing that separate?

That's more of a content thing, non an error as such. We'll need to comb through the games database at some point to check.

--

Will be doing a few more fixes over the weekend methinks.

J

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

The error didn't come up on a news article I commented on, though it came up every time I comment in the forums.

And in the forum list itself it's not telling me who was the last poster for any topic when I hover my mouse over it:

Fixed now - should work in the forum index for rollovers.

Notices and Suggestions forum is still blank in the top half. Gotta scroll down to see the topics which is ugly and annoying:

Really tricky one this one - fixed now though.

I'd also like to know what it means when it says this at the bottom of the forums: "Forum listings are limited to the last 100 days". I see topics in there from last year though, so don't quite get it.

Was an older limit - now is set to 15 months instead of the last 100 days.

On a game preview page, clicking the "members who own this game" link (and the "more" link next to that) takes you here:

Fixed - should be working across reviews, previews now.

If you go to the Reader Reviews section of the site, there are two areas for "Recent Reader Reviews". The one on the left has the recent reviews, the one on the right is blank, like the normal Reviews page.

Fixed - though the whole reader reviews section needs an overhaul.

I've reported that same 8 character username problem too, Kafei (although I didn't know you did).

Fixed too - though need a better way of presenting this for the new C3.

Good job on this, jb.

Regarding the changes in the 8 character limit on game wishlists, collections, can you do the same thing on the Members page?

New users have their user names cut off, and clicking them still brings up a page saying they don't exist, because of the same 8 character limit problem.

Also, what's up with forums and thread saying the last post was in 1970? If you look at the forums now, and scroll down to the Retro Gaming forum, it says the latest post was in 1970 and the thread title is blank. Happens very often for many threads.

( Edited 27.08.2011 19:19 by Azuardo )

Azuardo said:Regarding the changes in the 8 character limit on game wishlists, collections, can you do the same thing on the Members page?

Sorted - fixed up the members' section but will save any further revisions for the new C3!

Also, what's up with forums and thread saying the last post was in 1970?

Not too sure on this - I think it's to do with deleted topics and/or posts.

The error didn't come up on a news article I commented on, though it came up every time I comment in the forums.

Thanks for testing - it's fixed now Smilie

Awesome.

So how is work on the new site coming along? Any rough estimates as to when it might launch? Any incoming sneak peaks? ;]

Azuardo said:
Awesome.

So how is work on the new site coming along? Any rough estimates as to when it might launch? Any incoming sneak peaks? ;]

Not just yet, but feel free to guess the test url Smilie Hoping in a few months, but I don't have much time to develop it atm!

Ugh... in the Mod Shack forum, clicking to go to the next page in the topic list takes you to the Notices & Suggestions forum instead. Try clicking 'Next' or the number 2 page number.

Since the Draft tool was added, it's always said I have one draft, even when I don't. Nothing major, but just thought I'd let you know.

Image for

Whoa! Why does the C3 update thing on the side say I commented on a preview 3 times??? I didn't even comment once. And it takes you to a weird screen...

Yeah, best post the link to that too, so jb sees it:

http://www.cubed3.com/review/undefined

And the forums are still a bit messed up when you click the page numbers of certain forum areas, notably the Mod Shack and Notices & Suggestions. Nothing I can't deal with, but it's still there.

You can rate a game multiple times by simply choosing a rating from the drop down menu at the top of a review or its own page multiple times.

Modplan Man said:
You can rate a game multiple times by simply choosing a rating from the drop down menu at the top of a review or its own page multiple times.

Yup, brought this one up before. Some games have been purposely rated over to have low or high scores. I suggested maybe only registered members to be able to rate a game, and only then be able to rate it once. I guess you could be allowed to re-rate after a while. Maybe only allow it to be rated once it's released too? Understand it's probably a little much for a small feature though. Maybe remove ratings altogether and push reader reviews?

This page comes up for quite a few old links. It's been like it for years, but I forgot to mention it (only just remembered by looking at my old posts).

^ Yeah, I think I've linked to that one before. Sometimes when you click to see who else owns/wants a game, it will take you to there. No idea how people get there and add it to their collection etc. I'm sure there are some other dirty pages like that hidden away in Cubed3...

Also, could the Stars Season be reset? It's been a long time since it was last done. Smilie

( Edited 01.09.2011 00:08 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
Also, could the Stars Season be reset? It's been a long time since it was last done. Smilie

Many people have tried asking jb countless times to do that but always failed. Smilie Pretty please, jb? Smilie

If those were to be reset at a regular basis again, I'm fairly certain that some people here would pay a little more attention to the stars again. Right now it's just the same almighty ones (Smilie) taking up the ranks every week, so many probably don't see something that would make them care at least a little bit. Smilie

( Edited 01.09.2011 00:24 by SirLink )

Agree on the stars. Can it not automatically reset each month?

Ugh, new problem. Just commented on an old review of Neves. The site feed says I commented on Wii Fit. Clicking it takes you to the right page, but still has the wrong name in the side bar.

Stars will reset after this Sunday's... I promise! Will figure out the auto reset - need to get the first Sunday of each month and script it like that.

The review Neves -> Wii Fit issue not sure why/how it's doing that, will check it out.

Rating a game I'll address too - may have to wait for new C3 though.

I just received a PM from c3bot which says that my reader review has been made featured, again! I only wrote one review and it would be unfair to get twice the stars for it. Is that an error in the system or did a staff member accidentally feature it again?

Ugh. Clicking SirLink's comment in the feed on the left for his Fragile Dreams review takes me to LostWinds.

This happened with the last review he posted too. Still needs fixing! :L

SirLink said:
I just received a PM from c3bot which says that my reader review has been made featured, again! I only wrote one review and it would be unfair to get twice the stars for it. Is that an error in the system or did a staff member accidentally feature it again?

Probably two staffers featuring the review, will fix that for future reader reviews.

Azuardo said:
Ugh. Clicking SirLink's comment in the feed on the left for his Fragile Dreams review takes me to LostWinds.

This happened with the last review he posted too. Still needs fixing! :L

Fixed but had to delete the previous "reader review comment" statuses though.

Some things I noticed while looking at this week's C3 Stars topic:

- The link to the Top Cubed3 User isn't working. It just takes you to a "The selected user doesn't exist!" screen.

- If you click on the Stars FAQ link, it takes you to a "The selected topic has been removed." screen. I don't think a Stars FAQ has existed for a while because I remember looking for one when I was new here and got that message as well. Would be cool to have one to introduce new members to this very unique and fun reward system on here.

- The monthly stars are finally reset (again, thanks jb Smilie) but I noticed some odd things in the Overall Ranking table. On the "Members" page, the Top Stars (All Time) list still shows the same users but in the topic itself, there are a lot of them missing. My assumption was that only active users are included now but Echoes221 is missing in there as well and he's still active. Just wanted to point that out. Smilie

( Edited 11.09.2011 14:29 by SirLink )

Apart from many older Character Profiles being erased completely (I've made a list in the Broken Reviews/Previews thread), the list itself is a bit messed up. Looks like it's supposed to be listed in date format, but some more recently made character profiles are shoved on page 2. A couple of odd out of place articles there too. Just needs a little look at and rearranging.

If it's cool with you jb, when I get a chance, I might make a list of stuff that needs fixing/looking at based on what's been posted in here? Not to pressure you into doing anything, but just to keep it in a tidy list, so if you do want to look over things, it'll be there for you, and you can choose what to fix/look at etc.

( Edited 09.10.2011 03:09 by Azuardo )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Sandy Wilson

There are 1 members online at the moment.