Cubed 3 Problems

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 12.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

:O The C3 'About' section got updated! I completely forgot about sending you all that JB! When did this happen?

Looks better! Only thing I suggest is perhaps putting each person's username somewhere in their description too? Or just in brackets by the view profile link - e.g. Calum's Profile (Echoes221).
Edit: I realise people can freely change their current username, so hopefully there's a way to link the name in there, so if someone does change their name, it will automatically update in the About section too.

( Edited 16.06.2011 18:19 by Azuardo )

1. I go to Profile -> Reader Reviews, and see the following:

First box seems to need an 'of' in there to make sense.

Second and third boxes show Phoenixus' name :/

2. Need to also bring back the point that PM notifications aren't coming through every so often. Seems random, but bloody annoying.

3. Noticed you have some slight confusion going on with regards to SNES Final Fantasy games. Search 'Final Fantasy' and the games on SNES are listed as Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy VI. I assume your FF3 is meant to mean FF6, but you've got 6 up there already, so you should probably remove your 'FF3'. If you're going for the real names, you might as well rename your FF2 to FF4. II and III's screenshots are buggered up anyway, like most old games on the site.

Easier to see for yourself. You may as well just add the missing games too. Full list, with regards to their original titles, are as follows:

Final Fantasy (NES)
Final Fantasy II (NES)
Final Fantasy III (NES)
Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
Final Fantasy V (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

This would be one area I would happily contribute screenshots and game data for, heh.

( Edited 18.06.2011 23:36 by Azuardo )

• Fixed the font size issue, should appear fine now with the size tag.
    BIG BIG BIG

• PM issues fixed, should display new PM indicator properly now. Please let me know if you experience any issues with future PMs.

• Fixed issue where game page is showing random screens.

• Fixed issue with missing/empty box art links.

• Removed missing screens that aren't working/were lost during server downtime and moves.

• Fixed issue with number of blog comments shown on the main blog page - also added post date, long overdue!

• Fixed issue with missing blog header image if none specified.

• The replies issue should be fixed now for the forum at least, other sections like news, reviews and preview comments need looking into, but it *should* be fine in theory. If anyone finds any topics that don't paginate properly and show no posts on the last page from now, please let me know.

• Fixed the search issue for Pokémon - searching for "Pokemon" forces the search to "Pokémon".

• When you star a post and return to the topic within the current stars week it marks the currently starred post as "Starred!"

• Missing topic names fixed for news, but still missing a few for reviews/previews/blog comment streams. Needs fixing!

A page with your currently starred posts we can also do!

( Edited 19.06.2011 23:53 by jb )

• Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Great job, will keep you posted on anything I find.

Edit: Scratch the pokemon crap. It's working for me now Smilie

Oh. One suggestion. Was just looking on the SF64 3D preview. On the side it has similar games to recommend to you. It has SF64 3D in there Smilie

( Edited 20.06.2011 00:09 by Azuardo )

Ya just fixed the Pokémon issue - was a case sensitive thing Smilie Still some weird character problems on past Pokemon reviews though unfortunately.

Also fixed the related games too for previews/reviews

( Edited 20.06.2011 00:11 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Just dawned on me, but the only thing I can say that works against the auto-change Pokemon search is if you were searching for a user who specifically doesn't use the é - i.e. Username: PokemonGuy123. Can't find him if it changes to 'Pokémon' in the search.

But that's just pettiness that really isn't important enough to need sorting. Highly unlikely this is gonna affect anyone lol.

Uh, did the read counts for reviews/previews get taken down? :L

PM indicator is still wrong for me, as it has been for the last year and a half or so. Says I have a PM when I don't :/

I take it you've re-opened every single pm in your inbox? :/

I have 37 pages of PM's, that ain't happening, I've flicked through them nothing there. Plus there is nothing in 'unread messages'. Its been the same for SuperLink at the same time that I got it too.

Hmm, hopefully it can just be a case of resetting the counter to zero or something...

Something else I spotted for you, jb. In your profile you can edit your website, fave games, fave music, fave films, etc. But when I actually view my own or other people's profiles, I see none of that in there. Am I just blind again or is this stuff really not showing up in people's profile info?

Another spot.

When writing a PM through a user's profile page, the Preview and Save Draft buttons don't seem to work for me. The Send PM buttons does, however.

Doing it by replying to a user's PM from your inbox works fine though.

Oh, and what's up with the number of topics which say the last post was in 1970? Doesn't actually seem to be for only really old topics either - noticed a few recent ones had them yesterday.

( Edited 20.06.2011 18:54 by Azuardo )

Azuardo said:
    Something else I spotted for you, jb. In your profile you can edit your website, fave games, fave music, fave films, etc. But when I actually view my own or other people's profiles, I see none of that in there. Am I just blind again or is this stuff really not showing up in people's profile info?

True that - didn't realise! Not sure why it isn't, must have been removed in a previous site update a few years ago. Was thinking to merge into 1 for each category so users can simply fill out 1 box for each.

- May try to find a workaround for the Pokemon user issue

- Fixed PMs from user profiles (but no drafts)

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Definitely do a category for each - nearly killed me to pick just 3 of my fave games :L

Just come to my attention now from SirLink that you can't save drafts for PMs. Would be very handy. There seems to be a save draft and preview button when PMing through a user's profile, like I mentioned earlier, but they don't work. So yeah, would be great if you could get the draft button added when replying to someone's PM through your inbox.

I've noticed for a while now that the review posts don't update, or at least the ones in the News feed sidebar and the home page.

Right now the Excite Bike review has 2 post in the Reviews sidebar (which is correct), 1 in the home page, and a constant 0 in the News feed.

( Edited 22.06.2011 21:21 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
    NNID: Stulaw

That's always bothered me too. Another thing I noticed is that when for example Mason posts a review, it will say "Mason reviewed Legend of Zelda", but the actual reviewer will be somebody else.

I think that's because he posted it, but yeah you're right, it should say who-ever reviewed it.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
    NNID: Stulaw

One minor thing I've just noticed.

On the Members page where you have the recently joined members, if a user's name is long, it cuts off the end of their name, and it also cuts off the end of the URL if you try to click their name/avatar from that page, taking you to a "Selected User Doesn't Exist" page.

On a related note, you get automatically redirected to the homepage after seeing the "Doesn't Exist" page, which is annoying. Should just return you to the page you were on. This also happens with other pages which auto-redirect you, although I can't remember where I've come across it. Maybe a broken forum thread link or something.

Also, blank thread names still appearing. Couldn't remember if you said you'd fixed these or still need to get around to them. See pics.

Edit: You don't get automatically directed to a user's post in a news story/thread if you click "User replied to:...", it just puts you at the top of the article. But if it's a forum thread, it takes you straight to their post.

And, still a big blank space in the Notice and Suggestions forum. Is this just me? It's annoying to see it everytime.

( Edited 25.06.2011 17:16 by Azuardo )

Is there any way to have the forum search thing inside the different forums (Wii and WiiU, general gaming, off topic etc)? Cuz then it would be easier to sift through all the topics to find the one you were looking for.

Search inside the forums would be great. The whole search system on the site needs a makeover really.

I'd also like to know what it means when it says this at the bottom of the forums: "Forum listings are limited to the last 100 days". I see topics in there from last year though, so don't quite get it. Is every topic ever made stored in the database and can be searched for and posted in? The 100 day cut off doesn't seem to be in effect. Further more, should it be? Do topics eventually purge after a certain time? Would be nice to know how it works.

The drop-down menu inside the forums might need a bit of a change too:

Image for

Clicking on Your Cubed3 takes me to this blank forum:

Notices and Suggestions forum is still blank in the top half. Gotta scroll down to see the topics which is ugly and annoying:

And in the forum list itself it's not telling me who was the last poster for any topic when I hover my mouse over it:

Image for

( Edited 07.07.2011 10:54 by Azuardo )

Hmm, just another thing I've noticed. New members get user numbers which are above 1,000,000. Yet we have less than 16,000 members here.

Heroes of Ruin images in the Call of Duty MW3 Wii section.

Clicking the Donkey Kong feature banner at the top of the site takes you to the Heroes of Ruin preview.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
    Site Feed
    Who's Online?
    Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.