Cerulean Dreams (DS game)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

You might remember me making a comment every now and then about a game called Cerulean Dreams for the DS (I doubt you remember though^_^). Anyway, I hadn't heard info on it for months (since before the DS was launched in November!). So I googled Cerulean Dreams to see if it was still in the works or if there was new stuff about it.
I found the official site for it, and it has a lot of info about the game (or as much as you're gonna get for now). Check out the site. I suspect this to be a AAA title for the DS.
*Cerulean Dreams*

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

looks good but smells a bit like starfox to me

I AM TEH 1337 GAMORZ U R ALL NOOBS X-BOX AND GAYSTATION SUCKORZ!!!!!!111111 this was a noob poster moment brought to you by bobmcbob

The DS seems to be spearheading a resurgence in top down shooters. Awesome stuff! Cerulean Dreams sounds like it could be a great title but only time will tell.

Cerulean Dreams is primarily a mix of action RPG and top-down shooter gameplay.

Now thats a weird mix, why do I get the feeling though that the RPG part will seem "tag"ged on Smilie

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

The DS seems to be spearheading a resurgence in top down shooters.

Well the whole dual screen thing can be used by top down shooters to great advantage

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

You control a pilot flying a ship through various combat stages, using special weapons and abilities, as well as the assistance of your teammates to accomplish various objectives. In addiition, you control your pilot as you explore towns, cities, and other areas on foot - talking to locals, purchasing upgrades, and obtaining quests and other new missions.

The on foot gameplay along with vertical shooter gameplay sounds interesting.
I want this gameSmilie

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Well the whole dual screen thing can be used by top down shooters to great advantage

Exactly, the console is built for these games. which is great news for shooter fans like myself.

TAG.......how the hell can you expect anything from this game nevermind a AAA title!? I dont care what the answer to the question:

Q: You've mentioned before that you don't have a DS development kit. How can you possibly be working on the game, then?

Unless its "Yes we do have a DEV kit we were mistaken before", which it isnt!
I dont trust any game that hasnt/isnt being developed on a dev kit, no matter what they say.

WA-CHOW!

Review - preview - reserved fellow staff.

Music, the game, the pitch, the idea, concept = SHAZZAM! Fucking got me going, I have a good feeling about this.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

A: Cerulean Dreams is a game concept designed for the Nintendo DS. We can design all we like without a DS development kit. It's not necessary, as long as we keep in mind the specifications released for the unit, and the demos and concepts we've seen running on the system so far. The game concept we had set up for the DS before it's unveiling at E3 2004 was, luckily, right on the money in terms of what Nintendo showed off as the DS' capabilities. Very little had to be changed. As far as the modeling and other work we're doing at the moment, it's being done with the technical capabilities of the DS in mind, but also mostly being done for internal and demo use, to better illustrate to possible publishers and other partners what we expect to accomplish with the project on the DS.

That seems to make sense to me. Although I'm not at all tech-savvy, so for all I know, their answer could be complete crap.

*edit*
response to Rory's post

[ Edited by TAG on 2005/4/5 17:52 ]

Yea, Im not tech savvy and I read that part too.

But frankly, I dont see how you can have high hopes for a game that hasnt even been played or developed on the system.

As far as im concerned, its a nice idea is all.

Music, the game, the pitch, the idea, concept

The total lack of it appearing on any DS.....ever....(beyond that E3 demo)

Spent the last hour or so registering, emailing and looking about. Another forum to haunt! Joy!

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?

You sad, sad man Frazzle. Smilie

Sarcasm my friend. Ploiper, for some reason, was also there (unless someone else has that name and the evil smile fetish) and just got banned Smilie

Could be good. I think it needs to be more of a firm project before I get excited about it, though.

Welcome to the Official Forum Topic for Gunbrella (Nintendo Switch).

Discuss the game, share your thoughts, post pictures, videos and more.

C3 Bot

Used to process things automatically on Cubed3!!
Please contact jb if there are any problems with C3Bot!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Nayu

There are 1 members online at the moment.