3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 07.06.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Metal gear solid looks pretty damn amazing also, glad to see my favourite franchises looking there best on 3ds.
Now I wait in anticipation to see what Megaman Legends 3 will look like Smilie

( Edited 02.10.2010 00:18 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

LKR000 said:
Metal gear solid looks pretty damn amazing also, glad to see my favourite franchises looking there best on 3ds.
Now I wait in anticipation to see what Megaman Legends 3 will look like Smilie

Yeah, MGS looks amazing too. Smilie I showed a friend 3DS footage and he was like "THERE'S NO WAY THAT'S A HANDHELD"

Super Mario Land 3D

Image for

Image for

Image for

Links Awakening DX 3D

Image for

Image for

Image for

Both games are being done by Sora Ltd - Sakurai's company.

( Edited 02.10.2010 19:11 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Links awakening is an amazing Zelda game, man I can't wait Smilie

Are all these Game Boy originals going to be made 3D?

Pretty dam cool. I will probably buy far more of those than is necessary.

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

I already have boxed copies of both games..I'll still end up buying them though.

They've got the background hue for GB games just right.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

So, no change in graphics/perspective? Still don't see how the 3D will work.

Mush123 said:

I wasn't really expecting remakes of the games but it'll be nice to see how the 3D turns out on them.

I think the graphics could be made into cell shaded ones like with Zelda PH. I am sceptical to see how these old games will turn out. Plus there are GB games being released on the 3DS's shop channel so that will be nice.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Super Sonic said:
I think the graphics could be made into cell shaded ones like with Zelda PH. I am sceptical to see how these old games will turn out. Plus there are GB games being released on the 3DS's shop channel so that will be nice.

What do you mean see how they turn out? There gonna be exactly the same as they were on the gameboy and gameboy colour xD

LKR000 said:
Mush123 said:

I wasn't really expecting remakes of the games but it'll be nice to see how the 3D turns out on them.

I would've liked higher res textures and colour palettes for the GB games. I know they aren't remakes, but they could at least update them a little. :/ Still wonder how the 3D will work.

They display in 3D and 2D using the slider. It appears that a few of you still don't know how the 3D effect works on 3DS. Parallax 3D can make any image appear 3D, games do not have to be constructed especially, but those that do accentuate the effect using clever techniques.

This video may help.

( Edited 02.10.2010 22:18 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:

They display in 3D and 2D using the slider. It appears that many of you still don't know how the 3D effect works on 3DS. Parallax 3D can make any image appear 3D, games do not have to be constructed especially, but those that do accentuate the effect using clever techniques.

This video may help.

Not at all mate, I know how the 3D works in general. What I'm trying to say is. I don't understand how games that were made for the GB/GBC/GBA could work in 3D. I'm talking about the ones that have a 2D perspective.

( Edited 02.10.2010 22:18 by Mush123 )

The fact that you say "2D perspective", proves you still don't understand how it works. As I say above, any image can be displayed in 3D.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:
The fact that you say "2D perspective", proves you still don't understand how it works. As I say above, any image can be displayed in 3D.
I understood how the 3D works in 3DS games (two images shot from two different perspectives) but after watching the video, it all made sense how it could also work with older games.

( Edited 02.10.2010 22:51 by Mush123 )

Here a picture to do with Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
http://3dsconnect.com/2010/09/30/resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-has-the-poster-been-cracked/

And here's the same pic with the gaps filled in
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/Resident-Evil-The-Mercenaries0-00-00-00.jpg

These look pretty accurate to me which is cool but I'm assuming all RE4 and RE5 mercenaries characters will be playable + more Smilie

( Edited 03.10.2010 01:30 by LKR000 )

LKR000 said:
Here a picture to do with Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
http://3dsconnect.com/2010/09/30/resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-has-the-poster-been-cracked/

And here's the same pic with the gaps filled in
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/Resident-Evil-The-Mercenaries0-00-00-00.jpg

These look pretty accurate to me which is cool but I'm assuming all RE4 and RE5 mercenaries characters will be playable + more Smilie

Looks pretty accurate to me too. Would've thought Leon's silhouette would be in there though.

Squidboy said:

Mush isn't talking about making a 2d screen show a 3d image. He's talking about how do you make a 2d game which has NO perspective 3d. It doesn't make sense.

knighty said:
Squidboy said:

Mush isn't talking about making a 2d screen show a 3d image. He's talking about how do you make a 2d game which has NO perspective 3d. It doesn't make sense.

You're asking me this question, aren't you a designer :?. I'm sure I saw a thread the other day which suggested you are. If he had bothered to watch the video before posting he'd know that the 3DS uses a parallax barrier technology. It all works very simply, you make sprites and objects on the foreground plane appear as if they're floating, by displaying background and foreground objects at independent speeds using the parallax barrier. Pushing the 3D slider up on the 3DS increases the rate at which the foreground pixels minutely vibrate, while all background pixels are made to display at a lower rate. The discrepancy between the two fools the brain into thinking all the foreground pixels are floating.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Mush123 said:
Looks pretty accurate to me too. Would've thought Leon's silhouette would be in there though.

I kinda think Wesker silhouette looks outta place, I mean it fits but maybe leon has a pose like that also cause I woulda thought he'd be put next to Claire.

LKR000 said:
Mush123 said:

I kinda think Wesker silhouette looks outta place, I mean it fits but maybe leon has a pose like that also cause I woulda thought he'd be put next to Claire.
Yeah same. Could be Leon, could be Wesker, could be someone else. Only Capcom knows the truth. Smilie

Personally since it's a mercenaries game they should have all the main characters, some side characters and loads of maps xD

Squidboy said:
knighty said:
Squidboy said:

You're asking me this question, aren't you a designer :?. I'm sure I saw a thread the other day which suggested you are. If he had bothered to watch the video before posting he'd know that the 3DS uses a parallax barrier technology. It all works very simply, you make sprites and objects on the foreground plane appear as if they're floating, by displaying background and foreground objects at independent speeds using the parallax barrier. Pushing the 3D slider up on the 3DS increases the rate at which the foreground pixels minutely vibrate, while all background pixels are made to display at a lower rate. The discrepancy between the two fools the brain into thinking all the foreground pixels are floating.

....The point is that it makes no sense to make a purely 2d game 3d. Having floating sprites will just look stupid. And the pixels don't vibrate at all, I dunno what you're on about.

LKR000 said:
Personally since it's a mercenaries game they should have all the main characters, some side characters and loads of maps xD

Or what would be best is to have mercenaries from RE4 and RE5 put into one game. Then you have some of the RE4 characters and then you have the RE5 characters with all the maps and weapons. That would be my ideal game.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Insanoflex

There are 2 members online at the moment.