Rate the latest film youve watched

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 09.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Watched Anchorman the other day, such a brilliant and funny film xD
9/10

( Edited 30.10.2017 02:45 by Guest )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

LKR000 said:
Watched Anchorman the other day, such a brilliant and funny film xD
9/10

Film4!!

Expendables last night. Very bad ass action but it was a little cheesey in some parts, because there were unessacery romantic sections which could have been left out. Jet Li did a real number on Doulph Lundgren in one scene. It was the ultimate guys movie with some over the top violence as well. 8/10.

Also The Green Zone strarring Matt Damon. It was a great war film trying to deal with the events that led up to the Iraq war of today. I thought it was quite relaistic in the decisions the soilders had to make. 8/10

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

I never used to watch film4 (the adverts put me off), but in the past few days I've watched quite a few.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 9/10 - this was on my "to watch" list for so long, amazing, don't know why I didn't watch it sooner.

Catwoman 8/10

Harold and Kumaar go to White Castle 8/10
Harold and Kumaar go to Guantanamo bay 8/10
watched these two one after the other, thought both were hilarious, loved the fast pacedness and how earlier events were linked back to later in the films.

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

Watched "Mr. Nobody" the other day... and... that was 2½ hours I'll never get back. It was somewhat interesting, but it was still really... REALLY weird. I wouldn't watch it again.

4/10

Scott Pilgrim Vs the World - 10/10

Wow, just wow. If ever there was a moment that made me proud to be a geek it was every second of this film. Smilie Loved all the little references and the fights were all amazing. Chris Evans could have done with more screentime but he was nice while he lasted. Smilie It's a shame it didn't do too well at the box office but hopefully, with DVD sales etc, they'll get a nice return on it.

Jumper - 7/10

Apart from a rushed ending, I liked it overall. Samual L Jackson was badass as usual and some of the effects were really well done. Jamie Bell's character needed more background and story and he didn't really get any closure and seemed to get dumped near the end of the film without any explanation as to what became of him.

Simon_ said:

Catwoman 8/10
Harold and Kumaar go to White Castle 8/10
Harold and Kumaar go to Guantanamo bay 8/10

wut.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

The Ghost with Ewan Mcgregor and Pierce Brosnan. 5/10
Was really slow and not a lot was happening. The plot was a bit confusing and I lost track half way through. Not as good as the trailer I saw before hand.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name

Case 39: One messed up movie, saw the twist coming, but still worth a watch 7/10.

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead: This was one of the worst "Thrillers" I've ever seen, the editing was poor and the script didn't help. 2/10.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

This trialer is better than any film I've ever seen.

Can't wait for this film! Rutger Hauer ftw. This hobo is taking the streets back! SmilieSmilie

Edit: Lots of cheap gore in the trailer, btw.

Edit2: Ricky from Trailer Park Boys getting his head towed off at 1:39!

Resident Evil: Afterlife

- I dunno, didn't like it at all, but to be honest, I didn't like any of the RE movies, they could've gone more towards the stories in the games and make it into a survival horror movie, not a Matrix ripoff combined with George Romero zombie killing flicks.

- If you are into Matrix meets the undead, then i think you still should give it a watch

1,5/5

Diary of the Dead

Really good George Romero movie again ( im into Romero's clips ). It's been put together with the " 1 cam method ", thus making some of the scary moments even more scarier, give it a watch, comes highly recommended by me.

4/5

Millenium Actress 10/10

I just watched this for the first time last night. It was absolutely fantastic. It's by Satoshi Kon, the same guy who made "Paprika." I had high hopes for it and they surpassed them. I'm slowly getting into anime, but I also watched it with my roommate who has watched very little anime and never really put much stock into the genre. He, too, was blown away with the movie. It's just wonderful story telling, plot, symbolism, visuals, music, everything.

The plot in nutshell is, an old retired actress gives an interview of her life. The movie basically plays scenes from the course of her life. However, you're often unsure at what point it's just a scene from one of her past movies and at what point it's reality. It gets deeper than this, but I don't want to give too much away.

Here's the trailer if you want to check it out:

I just found out today that, sadly, Satoshi Kon (the director) passed away about a month ago. I find it depressing because I feel he had so much more to share with the world, and now we won't be able to witness it.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Jumper 8/10
The story to me was pretty interesting and I thought the effects used were pretty awesome. As Ifrit XXII said the ending felt rushed but it was a awesome film overall.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Saw VI. Has a lot of back story to what happens prior to the first film and the life and death challenges the main character has to make are just pure awesome. There is a load of blood and guts but it is now where near as gory as the third film. I just hope that Saw 3D can deliver the goods as well as this movie. 8/10

Also I have just watched all of the Evil Dead films back to back in reverse order. Bruce "the man with the big chin" Campbell delivers all round comedy as bumbling demon slayer Ash. There is a lot of over the top violence and gore, but there is a whole heap of comedy in these films as well. I have never laughed out loud so much in a long time. All of these films deserve a 10/10. Plus Sam Raimi directed these as his film director début.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 8/10

This film is a lot better than Half Blood Prince, one of the luxuries of making it two part is that they can actually get most of the plot across on the screen. Half Blood Prince was a little rubbish in that they managed to miss the core of he story of the history of Voldemort in the book

Whilst it is better that it follows the plot closely, there are some parts that are slightly too long, but the main set pieces in the film are good. And whilst the film is dark, it still retains the humour. There is also a beautifully animated segment towards the end, it would work on it's own as an animated short

They kind of skipped over most of the Dumbledore stuff, but they can put that in later. Rather than add a whole bunch of things to the story, there are only really a couple of new short scenes which build on things explained in the book

The film closes little after half way through the book

a good point for the split to occur, with much more to look forward to in the second part next year

prince (guest) 23.11.2010#716

Lrrr said:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 8/10

This film is a lot better than Half Blood Prince, one of the luxuries of making it two part is that they can actually get most of the plot across on the screen. Half Blood Prince was a little rubbish in that they managed to miss the core of he story of the history of Voldemort in the book

Whilst it is better that it follows the plot closely, there are some parts that are slightly too long, but the main set pieces in the film are good. And whilst the film is dark, it still retains the humour. There is also a beautifully animated segment towards the end, it would work on it's own as an animated short

They kind of skipped over most of the Dumbledore stuff, but they can put that in later. Rather than add a whole bunch of things to the story, there are only really a couple of new short scenes which build on things explained in the book

The film closes little after half way through the book

a good point for the split to occur, with much more to look forward to in the second part next year

I agree, it was really good, but I would give it a 9/10, although they did skip the dumbledore stuff and I was confused on what they know so far, it followed the book quite nicely, but if Im not mistaken, in the book didn't hermione (sorry if I spell it wrong) get curesed no bitten?

Ditto with Prince, here. A 9/10 for me.

Having not read the book in ages (I think I read it the week it came out and haven't touched it since then Smilie ), much like with the Half-Blood Prince, I was not disappointed with this movie, whatsoever. All the parts I do remember being in the book were also in the movie, so I was fully satisfied.

It just saddens me that this series is about to be over and that this world that we've engulfed ourselves in for the past 10+ years is about to have run its course.

Overall, a fantastic movie - one of few I can watch and become completely sucked in by the story. It did not disappoint. Smilie

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

In retrospect, I'd probably up my score. It is clearly one of the better Potters, and as for adaptations go, it's pretty spot on.

At least we're set for an all action finale. They cut the ending of HBP as the ending of Deathly Hallows would have an epic battle and it would just be repeated.

Keven said:

The main problem is that they missed him out of the other films, so a non reader wouldn't have had such an attachment to him as you get in the books.

On IMDB, there's a bunch of fanatics who are bawling over skipped lines and fail to see that it's just an adaptation, not a complete retelling of the story

just saw paranormal activity 2, not much words to explain it, but, it was creepy and I'm not letting anyone within 3 feet of me for a while now, I'm just creeped out, like when the mom is possesed and attacks the dad, that was just, well, creepish

Paranormal Activity 2 - 4/10

The original film only came out last year, but it was actually leaked on the internet in 2007. The original version had a MUCH better ending. I went to the cinema to watch the first again on the big screen but the ending completely ruined it (plus a couple of scenes added too). Sadly, the sequel had to follow on from the 'official' ending and so was equally silly by the end. Any feeling of terror found in the first is fully lost in this one with cheap over the top 'ghost' activities. Smilie

Saw VII(3D) - 8/10

The saw films aren't perfect but I like them. The final film is pretty much more of the same with some nice final twists to end it for good. If you didn't like any of the other Saw films then this won't change your mind. Thankfully, there weren't many cheap '3D' pop out moments. Smilie

Sense I just got it on blu-ray I decided to watch good old Evil Dead 2 8/10.

Sense this film was made around 20 years ago I didn't expect the visuals to be that great and they were not that bad but still not that great although that dance scene was hilariously bad. Bruce Campbell is awesome as always and Sarah Berry was good to. As for the horror parts of the movie most of it is just jump scares, nothing special. The story is not that great it's much like the first movie Necronomicon/deadites evil, you badass, go kill stuff. All around the movie has aged quite well and it looks amazing an blu-ray so I sagest picking it up unless you already have it.

Another movie I saw recently was once again an old one and it's A Clockwork Orange 9/10

This movie was just amazing. It's one of those movies that don't relay on special effects but on story and character development. Malcolm McDowell was amazing and every one else did a fantastic job for there small rolls. The story of the main character Alex is disturbing and twisted and how he evolves from the start of the movie to the end is just well I wont ruin the movie for you. I highly sagest picking up this one if you can find it.

TRON:Legacy 7/10

It looks absolutely amazing. Seriously, the Grid is just so fantastic to look at, and is the cutting edge of visuals, . The soundtrack, by Daft Punk, is absolutely fantastic as well. Up there with Inception for the years best soundtrack.

However, the plot is a bit crap, which lets it down big time. There are updates of the major action sequences in the original, such as the light cycle.

Worth the watch though if you enjoyed the original

The Fighter 8/10

The Lovely Bones - 8/10

A disturbing and depressing film, yet some how manages to have its sweet moments. I never really felt comfortable watching it, there was just something out of place about it that didn't fit perfectly together. I think it was probably the CGI parts and also some dumb moments from some of the characters. I thought it was a good film though, overall.

I've never felt so much hatred towards a fictional character before, in a film. So when the ending came, it was very unsatisfying for me. The murderer who killed all these young girls and presumably raped them had nothing satisfying happen to him for it, in my opinion. I don't mean in a brutal sense either, I don't even support violence. I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, but I definitely feel it could have been a better ending.

It is based on a book though, so I don't know if it would have been the same in the book. The book is apparently even more repulsive to read, as it goes into detail about the main character being murdered and such. The film didn't show this at all and we're are left to think what he did to her by ourself. I'm glad of it, as well.

I'd say go and watch this though. It's an interesting film, in the sense of how it was filmed in places.

Thor - 8/10

Pretty darn good in my opinion (Thor-some some might say). Could have used a few more earth based scenes, but nevertheless, a good, fun action movie to start the summer season.

Only Captain America in July to complete the intros to the Avengers before the cross over next year (Joss Whedon, FUCK YEAH!)

Next up: POTC4

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.