Most respected people of all time -

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 07.09.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Can be authors, film directors, leaders... anybody really. My list in no order at all:

=> Newton
=> Einstein
=> Saladin
=> Ghandi
=> Mozart
=> Beethoven
=> Queen
=> George Orwell
=> Swift
=> Shirgeru Miyamoto
=> Freud
=> Satre
=> Darwin
I am quite sure there is someone I can't remember.

( Edited on 06.11.2006 12:49 by Z )

J.R.R. Tolkien.

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

MeSmilie*cough*

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Jim Morrison?

Jesus?

King of the 'League of Kings'||My deviantART|| My Photography

John Lennon

Sean Connery

Mr. Ashcroft

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Grumbler said:
Mr. Ashcroft

No, no, NO! I'm saving them!

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Darwin, Da Vinci, Archimedes

Hello!

Matt Groening

James said:
Are you taking the piss with Miyamoto? Who respects him other than a few Nintendo fans and those who he works with? Itd have been ok if you had some other people who are respected within their industry but nowhere else but you have people who are all respected everywhere and known worldwide.Howard Hughes had a lot of respect. Wgat about Charles Dickens too?( Edited on 05.11.2006 09:52 by James )

Just about every person in the gaming industry respects and looks up to him, and dont forget how many peoples lives he's affected just by creating characters/games like mario (originially jumpman) and donkey kong, pikmin, zelda, and a whole host of other games.

Also he actually came up with the concept that the designers/artists on the games should have a hand in the technical side of things, as in knowing the system and it's capabilities, and not just drawing something up and handing it over to the programmers to handle by themselves.

He also came up with another technique on the old jumpman arcade game (because of this he came up with the above reasoning). They wanted some girders placed diagonally, but the system wasnt powerful enough at the time to actually draw diagonal lines, so he came up with the idea, scribbled down on a peice of paper, of drawing a little line, then going down a line, then drawing another little one, a bit like this:-
-_
-(except the height gaps between lines smaller obviously) to give the impression of a diagonal line.)

THAT'S why he should be one of the most respected people of all time.

EDIT: dam line thing didnt come out right.

( Edited on 05.11.2006 12:34 by Amazingjanet )

Are you taking the piss with Miyamoto? Who respects him other than a few Nintendo fans and those who he works with? It'd have been ok if you had some other people who are respected within their industry but nowhere else but you have people who are all respected everywhere and known worldwide.

Man, I am talking about your personal opinion. As in who DO YOU respect most. Yeah, crappy thread title. I apologise.

I think you're losing a bit of perspective. Why do you respect someone who wrote a good song more than Philo Farnsworth, Galileo, Euler, Da Vinci, Darwin Newton or Bell? Not having Bohimean Rhapsody or Donkey Kong isn't that big a deal compared to what these men gave us.

( Edited on 05.11.2006 15:06 by The_cackling_idiot )

vvJokevv

> God
>

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

Marzy.

On a bigger scale:

Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Tony Benn
Clive Sinclair

Personally:

Chino Moreno
Shiguru Miyamoto (just imagine where games would be without him...)

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

The_cackling_idiot said:
I think youre losing a bit of perspective. Why do you respect someone who wrote a good song more than Philo Farnsworth, Galileo, Euler, Da Vinci, Darwin Newton or Bell? Not having Bohimean Rhapsody or Donkey Kong isnt that big a deal compared to what these men gave us.( Edited on 05.11.2006 15:06 by The_cackling_idiot )

Its all subjective and personal. I personally don't have any respect for Darwin as I find his methodology questionable.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

sasha baron cohen

and

bill gates (that is a serious one)

Angus

don't mess with jesus
I.H.A.B.P. [mod - no large signatures please. You must upload your signature for it to be visiable to anyone on the net, no local images please.]

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Winston Churchill yet...

Little known fact - Nelson Mandela tried to blow up a bus station where a load of white people were waiting. He is not a good man. He is evil, and should still be in jail.

Faust said:
MeSmilie*cough*

And meSmilie

And shigeru miyamoto (or god...same thing)

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

No order:

Michael Jordan
Johnny Cash
Charlie Daniels
Eric Clapton
Hawkins
Einstein
George Orwell
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
Babe Ruth
Martin Luther King

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Gary Neville

If you were black and living under apartheid you would have done the same thing.

The only sad thing is that there is still a racial divide in South Africa, it just doesnt get spoken about. But thats hardly Mandela's fault, more the ANC, though they have vastly improved things for so many.

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jb

There are 2 members online at the moment.