Football Thread Season 2006 - 2007

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.10.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Just been informed that the Scottish league starts back up soon so a new thread is in order.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Yay for the Scottish league!

Smilie

Wanting Barcelona to win the Spanish League,
Juve for the Italian League,
Marseilles (we can hope...) for the French league,
Schalke 04 (again, we can hope) for the German league;

and then Liverpool

to do so well that they come first by late January, then slip down to third, with Reading and Wigan on top. Smilie

*I love predicting things*

dojo99 said:
Juve for the Italian League

Good luck, they have been relegated to Serie B. Unless you meant you hoped they win that?

Still seems a bit early for football yet, I still think the season should start in September, its a winter game damnit! Oh, and for all Liverpool fans, the friendly v Kaiserslautern is LIVE today on British Eurosport from 4.30pm (Sky 411 and various cable channels), if you want to give it a watch.

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Mr. T said:
dojo99 said:Juve for the Italian League
Good luck, they have been relegated to Serie B. Unless you meant you hoped they win that?Still seems a bit early for football yet, I still think the season should start in September, its a winter game damnit! Oh, and for all Liverpool fans, the friendly v Kaiserslautern is LIVE today on British Eurosport from 4.30pm (Sky 411 and various cable channels), if you want to give it a watch.

Ok, um, scratch that Juve comment Smilie

But, yeah, wooh, Liverpool! Never achieving any better than 2nd in the premiership! Wooh! Smilie

I can't watch any live Premiership football this season as I don't have anything other than freeview and I won't have better than that when I move on Monday.

*weeps silently*

Still, Newcastle are making progress. Damien Duff for

Cheers Matt Smilie

Celtic started well with a 4-1 humping of Killie. Couldn't make the game this week but hopefully United can do the business against Falkirk, sounds like a tough game so far though.

Oh and Scotland vs Spain tonight, 7pm BBC2, in the under 19 Euro Final. (yeah we look for football joy wherever we can find it Smilie)

Edit, Robson just scored a belter, 1-0 Smilie

( Edited on 29.07.2006 15:18 by nin10do )

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Oh crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcracrapcrapcrapcrapcrap, new season starting for Rangers in 54 minutes.

*hyperventilates in fear*

Congrats Haz', 2-1. Shame United are up to their old tricks, namely being shit Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

2-1, should've been 4-0 up by half time. But improvements are there.

As for Utd...best not say anything. Smilie

HazukiSan said:
2-1, shouldve been 4-0 up by half time. But improvements are there.As for Utd...best not say anything. Smilie

No, really, go on. Elaborate Smilie

The 5-0 friendly defeat Rafa and Co. just took does not fill me with confidence. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

First game at Ibrox today, *rubs hands together with glee*

First game at Ibrox today, and we have shitty United, *rubs hands together with glee*

Corrected Smilie

Smilie

Some interesting news about Newcastle United recently. There were two unknown trialists in the public training day (one of them rumoured to be Dede). Roeder's off to Holland where he seems set to sign a trio of Dutch players: Dirk Kuyt, Joris Mathijsen and Tim De Cler. We're also supposed to be interested in Inter Milan's Obefami Martins, but I think only the Guardian reported that.

We're playing Villareal tonight also. Channel 5 at 17:00. Smilie

Rangers 2 - Dundee United 2 Smilie

It's a shame for young Stevie Robb - he scored an own goal to level the game at the end - but things are still looking better for United.

Oh and Hearts 2 - Celtic 1, the big guns of Scottish football dropping points and St Mirren, newly promoted, lead the SPL Smilie

We're playing Villareal tonight also. Channel 5 at 17:00.

I saw that, quite a good game. Butt certainly turned it on for you guys, but I'm wondering if he could keep that up all season. He was poor on his loan spells.

Martins would be a fantastic signing for you, I think he scored twice in the Amsterdamn game, the same day.

GET IN SPEEDY GONZALES!!!! Smilie

First game in a Liverpool shirt, nets a late winner. With another new signing; Craig Bellamy scoring the equaliser in the first half. Pennant was also brilliant. Smilie

Good signs, although the defence is still on holiday.

2-1. Smilie

Hearts lost 2-1 but were destroyed tonight in reality.

Yeah, they reported that after the Liverpool game finished, quite a shock!

Was it away from home for Hearts?

At home, though it played like a home game for AEK.

Hearts were so close to the biggest game theft I've seen, and the red card for them was a disgrace.

( Edited on 09.08.2006 22:34 by nin10do )

nin10do said:
At home, though it played like a home game for AEK.Hearts were so close to the biggest game theft Ive seen, and the red card for them was a disgrace.( Edited on 09.08.2006 22:34 by nin10do )

But he deserved it, two yellow cards.

Liverpool, pulled it out of the bag. Good signs for them though with Bellamy and Gonzales scoring. Chelsea VS Celtic is on Sky Sports now, The Battle of Britain Smilie

But he deserved it, two yellow cards.

The first was shite, the second was technically (edit, in that crappy P.C. way) not so shite.

Ruined a very interesting game, imho.

( Edited on 09.08.2006 23:26 by nin10do )

Well, it was nice to see Titus Bramble prove he's better placed upfront than in defence. Smilie

Still, I'm getting really worried about Newcaste's prospects this season. We're a weeks away from the first game of the new season and we've only brought in Damien Duff and we desperately need two strikers and a left back. The rumours are flying around but personally I'd like to see Obafemi Martins, Dirk Kuyt, Thomas Graveson and Wayne Bridge make their way to St. James and to be honest they look the most likely judging by Roeder's comments.

Anyway, anyone fancy creating a Cubed3 Fantasy Football group? Use the official one though, it's far better. Smilie

Fantasy Football

League name is Cubed3 and the code to get in is:
77635-81807

You won't get Kuyt, he's Liverpool bound. Martins wouldn't make any sense, then you would have Owen with him up front and they'd be making the same runs, playing the same way and you'd never get anywhere. I don't know what the big deal is with Graveson, he's OK but why not splash the cash on Owen Hargreaves and get a proper player? I just don't know if Newcastle have the pulling power (no Champions League, no brilliant history, not a 'massive' team in a lot of people's eyes) to get in the TOP players.

Oh, and start up a topic for the Fantasy Football C3 League thingy, a few people might sign up for that, could be fun. I might if lots of people do Smilie

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Sandy Wilson

There are 2 members online at the moment.