AOL and Nintendo

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.09.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

AOL's service works perfect 24/7 a year because it has with me. Plus you dont even need the software anyway, Ive set mine up so you dont have to.

i got AOL internet and i dont have to use their browser software... i still use IE

( Edited on 12.10.2006 23:03 by Nintendo_Maniac )

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Nintendo_Maniac said:
i got AOL internet and i dont have to use their browser software... i still use IE( Edited on 12.10.2006 23:03 by Nintendo_Maniac )

*shakes head*
Thats almost as bad! At least get Firefox or something, how do you live without tabs? Smilie

I don't like the tabs. Must be because I was brought up on a Diet of IE and Windows 98 :-p

( Edited on 13.10.2006 11:10 by Tin Can Man )

1"We're mentalist psychic Scots , which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

AOL is the biggest piece of shit ever. Have you ever tried to ring their technical support? Get NTL if you can Barry.

Have you ever tried to ring their technical support?

From what I hear that's one of the few problems they still have, expensive Indian tech help :/

Get NTL if you can Barry.

I'd love to, but I'm out here in the sticks, nearest cable to me is probably 15 or more miles...

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Dang, NTL are actually the only ISP I would go with in the UK, cable is so much better than ADSL.

nin10do said:
Have you ever tried to ring their technical support?
From what I hear thats one of the few problems they still have, expensive Indian tech help :/

Ever had one of these guys ring you up, and then sat in a really Indian voice, "Hello, I am being from AOL. My name is Angus."

1"We're mentalist psychic Scots , which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

AOL has online support anyway, you basically go into a chat room with a technician and talk to them there - I've done that before and had success.

Problem solved, next. Smilie

Cubed3 Staff [ Retro Editor :: Previews Editor ]

AOL are rubbish because so many do it better.. for example, Eclipse.

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=fixedmain_res

Unlimited 8MB Broadband, from

oh god... dont get NTL. anything but NTL they are the worst compmany in UK... the worst costumer service ever, they are rubish, shit, crap, useless, liars..... trust me you dont want NTL.

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Martin said:
AOL are rubbish because so many do it better.. for example, Eclipse.http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=fixedmain_resUnlimited 8MB Broadband, from

Yeah, and the top package is still 29.99, the same as AOL.

The others all have fair usage policies to get around unlimited bandwidth, AOL doesn't.

Fine for some people, but for me who almost always has large torrents downloading, AOL is the best ISP for the job, and I have yet to be swayed to the contrary.

( Edited on 13.10.2006 17:39 by spydarlee )

spydarlee said:
Fine for some people, but for me who almost always has large torrents downloading, AOL is the best ISP for the job, and I have yet to be swayed to the contrary

Agreed. I just use Opera on the AOL connection and stay the hell away from the browser.

What speeds do you get from bittorrent karn?

Varies massively of course, but RIGHT now I'm getting 50kbps download and 45kpbs upload on my Malcolm in the Middle season 2 torrent, which is pretty old with few seeders to be fair.

wtf, thats crap! I'm downloading at 1.3 mb's per sec atm.. yes that's 1.3 megabytes per sec... PWNED.

You can't possibly compare random torrents!

It's more to do with the other peoples speeds than it is mine!

Try this torrent for a bit and get back to me:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/6822

THEN maybe I'll accept your point. Smilie

Also, what program are you using?

spydarlee said:
You cant possibly compare random torrents!Its more to do with the other peoples speeds than it is mine!Try this torrent for a bit and get back to me:http://www.mininova.org/tor/6822THEN maybe Ill accept your point. SmilieAlso, what program are you using?

True. It's nothing to do with how fast your internet is, it's the seeder who has to have a fast speed. Anyway AOL is the best and there's nothing wrong with it. I havn't got the software intalled at all im using PPPoE.

spydarlee said:
You cant possibly compare random torrents!Its more to do with the other peoples speeds than it is mine!Try this torrent for a bit and get back to me:http://www.mininova.org/tor/6822THEN maybe Ill accept your point. SmilieAlso, what program are you using?

50Kbs with 18 seeders is pretty crap. Have you got your ports forwarded properly and all that jazz?

James said:
AOL is shit. Always has been shit. Discuss/

Mutiny on the AOLounty! Smilie

50Kbs with 18 seeders is pretty crap. Have you got your ports forwarded properly and all that jazz?

Nope, I've been trying all sorts but nothing has been happening, Smilie

Getting 612 kb/s average using Azureus, what client u using?

EDIT:

True. It's nothing to do with how fast your internet is, it's the seeder who has to have a fast speed. Anyway AOL is the best and there's nothing wrong with it. I havn't got the software intalled at all im using PPPoE.

I think I know how bittorrent works Marzy, probably alot better than you Smilie. Karn, why mininova too? Private trackers FTW - Martin knows it Smilie.

( Edited on 13.10.2006 21:15 by Big Willy Style )

You know of a private tracker with Malcolm in the middle torrents?

Show me the light! Smilie

I used to use Azereus but am trying Utorrent on Martin's reccomendation (I think).

( Edited on 13.10.2006 21:35 by spydarlee )

I do know a private tracker with lamcolm in the middle torrents, only thing is its a very hard website to be invited to, I dont have any invites yet.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.