Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Preview

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 09.09.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I know theres some already on C3 but heres my version, it's not really good, my first try at a preview Smilie

[i]We take a look at Nintendos upcoming game, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Head inside for the full preview.

At this years E3 we got our first look at Donkey Kong Jungle. This game is unique as you play with the bongo drum controller rather then the usual hand controller. The demo that was shown at last weekends G-Phoria event and at E3 earlier this year featured three levels, jungle, fight, and mountain. The jungle mode is perfectly designed for beginners getting used to the bongo controller with its unique interaction with the game play.

The basic moves of the bongo controller are as followed: Tapping the left drum will make Donkey Kong move left and tapping the right drum will as you guessed move Donkey Kong right. Tapping both drums simultaneously will make DK jump and clapping will make him pound the ground sending out shock waves to attack the enemies and unlock some hidden secrets.

The more time you play on the levels will mean you have to be swifter on the drum in order to survive in the wild from you enemies.

The graphics are simple clean and well

Smilie i really want this game how long be for we get it?

that was good

Seems like a very unique title, especially for the DK series - sweet preview too Campo. Smilie Control system is the star of the game I'd say; love to see how it works in action. Smilie

As for its release, Jump_button, I'd think maybe this time next year for the USA and sometime in winter if you live in the UK. Japan, early 2005. Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Thanks, Donkey Kong games are my favorite, especially since I started playing DK 64 a few years back, then I was hooked Smilie

i have 2 pairs of the Dk bongos and donkey konga so i'm sorted for dk jungle beat and donkey konga 2

I love DK games too, even though DK 64 was a bit lacking, Jungle Beat looks awesome, ever since I saw those first screens of it, it has interested me. Good stuff Campo!

I have to say i've only ever played a DK game twice - 5 times at the most, but this one looks awesome... Looking forward to the winter i think =D

'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'~,'

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.