Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 22.10.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

This topic is based on the following article:

Post E3 Tour: Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
http://www.cubed3.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2442

Please take the time to read the article before posting Smilie

Feel free to discuss any of the game you want. Tempo and myself will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Enjoy Smilie

Cubed3 Staff [ Retro Editor :: Previews Editor ]

Wow! This sounds even better than the preveiw in NOM! Fighting a DK at the end of every level is genius! It looks frikkin awsome! Do you guys know the storyline yet???

Q, how must fun is this game going to be Smilie

A, a lot

apart from the general, what the hell happened to tempo's hair Smilie (sorry its hard to talk to someone online, then see them in a real photo) I was wondering is the game actually good, and how do you run and jump at the same time. and also if you can tell us more details on the arena battle thing with punching assigned to each hand...

when I first heard it, I thought oh no what the hell have nintendo done, and even having read all of the stuff I've read about it, I'm still somewhere around the 'I'm sure as hell not buying donkey konga, and I don't want to buy the bongos for one game, and the bongo's will make me look so stupid that it'll be embarassing to play even around my parents' mark...

I wanna know what makes it good. I understand the rhythm elements could be interesting, with the flower things, and with flinging yourself around in the air, but is the game actually that amazing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Duffman ~~~~~~~~~
"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

I always thought it was a neat concept-like DDR but with an enjoyable element of Nintendo. Good combination in my opinion Smilie

Piiiiii...ka.....SUEEEEEEE!

Well Ive always danced along to the music in games like Jet set Radio Future so if the music is catchy i will definitely buy this.
I mean now my dancning along will help me play the game.
Also do the drums have any sense of Dynamics?

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

oh come on the bongos will look good next to the TV,GC,4 GBA's link up,wave bird,gameboy player,ps2 and xbox it will not look out of place at all Smilie

Yeha im just thinking that Bongos will look super cool in my gaming room

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

Do you guys know the storyline yet???

Nope nothing official has been announced yet i'm afraid.

how do you run and jump at the same time

Left and Right drum makes you run in the corresponding direction, and both at the same time makes you jump. So it works quite well, as your banging away on one drum as soon as you want to jump just smack the other one quickly!

more details on the arena battle thing with punching assigned to each hand...

This was a great little boss to finish of the demo level. All you have to do was smack each drum consecutively to punch with DK's left and right fist. Then as the evil DK you were fighting go's to attack you, one clap activated a dodge move, from which you could come back with some super powerfull combos. Repeat this a couple of times, and that was it!

I wanna know what makes it good.

It's just so dammed fun to play! It is very hard to get across in words what makes it so good, you really do need to play it for yourself. It's just the way it's been put together that makes it so perfect! At first I too never thought I would shell out on a whole new peripheral entirely for one game, but I know I will now.

Also do the drums have any sense of Dynamics?

Pretty sure they don't no.

But is the music FUNKY! you know what i mean Karn Smilie

Smilie There were definately some funky tunes avaliable on the version we played. They might be changed for the final version of course, I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy on there Smilie

Excellent i mean in a gaame likme that id imagine that music is one one of of the mopre important aspects.

Omg sorry for the typoes worst keyboard ever

I'm just glad they are still using the bongos, but I can't see this game lasting a while.

Oh I can! The replay value has got to be one of the games strongest points in my mind. Ok it probably won't be as good for prolonged playing sessions, but I reckon it's going to be one of those games you'll keep coming back to every now and again because it's so damn fun and easy to pick up and play quickly!

Hey Karn, did you get to play DK:King of Swing? That game looks amazing!

Yep, I believe Tempo is going to be doing a Hands On for that though, over the next few days at some point I would imagine Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.