Nintendo Wii Media | Monster 4x4 Screens [news]

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 26.09.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

The aliasing's not too great (first and second shot), but solid enough otherwise.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

Not bad, but it doesn't look anything close to next gen to me and what's with the aliasing (jaggies)? jaggies was one of the largest problems I had with early PS2 graphics (apart from dull colour choice of characters and backdrops) it wasn't a big issue with gamecube and with most of the Wii launches it seems virtually non-existant. You know id rather have Ubisoft NOT bring out some many games at launch and go back and graphically revamp many of their titles esp. Far Cry and Monster truck because unlike with the launch of the Gamecube, I'm seeing some butt "FFUGLLLYYY" looking games out there. It doesn't need to be HD to look good but Wii's games shouldn't looks as if Developers are using EARLY Dev. Kits from the PS2 either! Seriously,let's just hope that these games play alot better than they look because so far (apart from Red Steel and "maybe" Rayman) i'm not all too impressed with Ubisoft's Wii Launch line up. Seems almost as if we're going back to the days of when the artwork on the covers of Nintendo games looked far better than the in game graphical content. Graphics may not be what Wii is about but come now.......
SmilieSmilie

( Edited on 17.10.2006 11:25 by OLU1701 )

Looks quite good - bit jagged around the edges but as nin10do said - solid enough otherwise.

Maybe worth picking up if you're a fan of this kind of game. I tried the Nintendo version recently and it really, really isn't for me Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Smilie Not my type of game it seems.

I like playing Flatout 2 with buddies on PC, so maybe this game is for me. But I have to check test-reports, watch some trailers and maybe rent it (if you can do this where I live).

But it's not bad looking methinks.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

My GOD... You sure it's Ubisoft right?

Anyway it seems alright. Looks pretty much exactly the same as Excite Truck though, but worse...

Still a proud member of the 'omfg amazing water in games' society

It looks better than some launch games e.g. call of duty 3. But it looks like a direct port of the xbox version.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

The first Wii game to come with a perpherial i believe.

Always going to be playing second to ExciteTruck

Mike Gee of iZINE said, "...The Verve, as he [Richard Ashcroft] promised, had become the greatest band in the world. Most of the critics agreed with him. Most paid due homage. The Verve were no longer the question mark or the clich�. They were the statement and the definition."

Very true Ashcroft. Is anybody going to be buying Monster 4x4 over Excite truck at launch?

Smilie A rip off of Excite Truck!. If people actually buy this over Excite Truck they need their brains tested. Although I wouldn't mined nicking the perpherial to use on Excite Truck.

Stupot101 said:
It looks better than some launch games e.g. call of duty 3. But it looks like a direct port of the xbox version.

There's an Xbox version? Smilie

Mr.Ashcroft said:
The first Wii game to come with a perpherial i believe.Always going to be playing second to ExciteTruck

Its coming with GT Pro Series too Smilie

nin10do said:
The aliasings not too great (first and second shot), but solid enough otherwise.

Yeah, I agree. Mebbe they'll try and make people look over that by adding "super cool and original motion blurring!!!" SmilieSmilie

Speedometer says:110km/h

From the blurring it looks like:110,000km/h
Smilie

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

It's not a rip off of Excite truck, it came out on xbox ages ago, the problem is that it will be nowhere near as good as excite truck.

Now that I look at it, I don't really like the GUI. It looks too (hate to say it) *younger-audience-aimed* with the dopily shaped letters.

Smilie

Iminterested in this game it looks preety cool!!! And its made by Ubisoft so it cant be all that bad!!!

I see all these people insulting the Nintendo corporation because of the lack of mature content. Yet there is something about Nintendo (at least their games) that strikes a certain unadulterated feeling of joy!!!  Pokemon Y - 1048-9263-5562

Ok, a bit of jagging would be cool during speed boosts, but from what I've seen it looks as if the whole game consists of it... Not good. I'd rather get GT Pro Series or Exite Truck, but I may get neither anyway coz I'm hanging out for Tenkaichi 2, Super Smash... and I'll be interested to see how Orb turns out. Whoops I forgot, this comment is for Monster 4x4. FINAL VERDICT = unfortunate failure!

Please add my Wii-code and tell me yours.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52, Sandy Wilson

There are 2 members online at the moment.